Return to site

Everything Immigration

L visa for a New Office in the US

I often get asked this question from callers anxious to start a new business in the United States, “ I have a thriving business in ….., (fill in the name of the country) a large part of my business is in the US.  I want to start a new office there.  How do I do start a new office?”

    • Have a US connection -The new U.S. office must have a corporate relationship with your foreign entity abroad where you have been employed as a manager, executive, or worker with specialized knowledge.
    • Demonstrate a relationship between the foreign and US offices
    • Demonstrate foreign employment as a Manager, Executive or Specialized Knowledge worker
    • The new office must be operating within one year -The “new office” L-1 visa is meant to facilitate a “ramp up” period for a new U.S. office of a foreign entity. This period is limited to one year.
    • The new office must be able to support a full time Manager or Executive
    • The Takeaway - New office L visas are usually granted for 1 year to qualified applicants. The denial rate in India is generally about 25%.  There is a general belief in both the Department of State and USCIS that the incidence of fraud is very high in India, due to the falsification of evidence and supporting documents. 
All Posts

Almost done…

We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!

OKSubscriptions powered by Strikingly